Hong Kong forum to highlight the latest innovation among Asian start-ups
The latest Animal Health Innovation Asia forum will highlight some of the leading Chinese innovators and several start-ups from the wider Asia Pacific area.
The event's innovation showcase will allow 12 companies to detail their product development pipelines to an audience of global animal health executives and investors.
All of the start-ups showcased at the forum are actively looking for financial investment or strategic partnerships.
In the first tranche of start-ups are Chinese animal health and nutrition companies:
- Chengdu Weirui Biological Technology, which is developing on-the-spot diagnostics in the animal health sector;
- Beijing Oriental Mengliang Biotechnology – a firm focused on the development of biological predigested liquid feed;
- EasyHogs is an e-commerce company specializing in pig farming inputs;
- Foshan Zhengdian Biotechnology is working on live vaccines for coccidiosis control in chickens;
- Beijing Sino-Science Gene Technology claims to be building the "first and finest" chain of certified veterinary diagnostic laboratories in China; and
- Vetnostrum Animal Health is a feed additive specialist for the food-producing animal sector.
The second showcase will provide a platform for innovation in the wider Asia Pacific region and beyond:
- AquiNovo – an Israeli developer of growth enhancers for farmed fish;
- Credo Biomedical – a Singapore-based specialist in rapid point-of-care molecular diagnostics;
- Pacific GeneTech, which is a Hong Kong-based company developing vaccines for livestock diseases;
- Phagelux – a Chinese-Canadian venture working on bacteriophage products for food animals;
- Plumbline Life Sciences – a firm focused on DNA vaccine technology for pets and food animals; and
- VaXIMISER, which is an Australian business developing tailor-made substrates for enhanced veterinary vaccine production.
The Animal Health Innovation Summit Asia takes place on October 24-25, 2018. It will feature over 150 industry leaders, public institutions, start-ups and investors.