European Commercial Veterinarian - Amsterdam
Published: 16 November 2017
The role has two main purposes: 1) to ensure that the commercial team are technically excellent and Bimeda are perceived as leaders in their market segments and 2) to identify and validate product development opportunities, particularly in its key product categories.
The successful candidate will be able have a strong technical grounding, a good commercial awareness and an aptitude and interest in product development/R&D. He or she will be dedicated to furthering the reputation of Bimeda and ensuring our technical support meets and exceeds customer expectations.
The commercial vet will preferably be based in The Netherlands, France, Ireland or UK.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work with the Sales team leads to ensure that the commercial team is technically confident when detailing our products and provide compelling evidence for the diseases Bimeda’s products treat and/or prevent. This will be achieved with training sessions and dual-calling with the Bimeda Sales team.
- Be a member and participate in the Commercial management team meetings.
- Monitoring of the sales team’s technical abilities through regular testing at sales meetings followed by identification of shortfalls and creating tailored improvement plans for each individual team member.
- Identify, build and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs), major accounts and distributors in Europe whose support could increase our reputation and enhance the market.
- Work closely with the pharmacovigilance team to ensure that any complaints are handled in the appropriate manner. Write, update and circulate standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure that all complaints are handled in a timely and consistent fashion.
- Develop and support the role out of the Nutritional Plan for Bimeda to include trials and Marketing materials.
- Responsibility for organising and collating trial work as deemed appropriate based on necessity or feedback from the team regarding competition.
- Work closely with the Product Launch team to ensure all technical aspects of the product launch are compliant.
- Attend the R&D meeting monthly to represent commercial from a Technical perspective.
- Coordinate the forecast and market analysis process for new product possibilities.
- Sign off for the technological contents of new products and new product package elements.
Liaise with the marketing manager to ensure technical input on marketing campaigns and supporting editorial. In addition to signing off on the technical aspect of our adverts the TSM must remain vigilant and challenge inappropriate advertising by competitors.
Regular attendance at Industry technical meetings will be required.
Producing and updating accredited training sessions which are as interactive and memorable as possible to ensure customers approach Bimeda for future training.
Responsibility for the management of the technical services budget which would include funding trial work and any good will gestures extended to customers.
Technical induction for any new members of the EU commercial team.
Travel will be required internationally to customer meetings and trade events.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Veterinary Degree preferably with a specialization in the cattle and sheep segment.
- Clinical veterinary experience.
- Previous commercial animal health experience and a network in the veterinary industry would be a distinct advantage.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- French fluency is a major advantage.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Advanced ability to provide effective technical learning and tools.
- Strong problem solving skills to root cause and sustainably resolve problems.
- The ability to actively identify and plan improvements Self-motivated, determined and able to work under own initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical skills with good attention to detail.
- Competitive – Self driven with a desire to be the best as an individual and as a business to deliver for our customers.
- Ability to work under pressure in a challenging and fast moving environment.
- High levels of integrity and trust as a representative of the Bimeda business.
Applications can also be submitted to Heather Darlington, European HR Manager on email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All set! This article has been sent to email@example.com.
All fields are required. For multiple recipients, separate email addresses with a semicolon.
Please Note: Only individuals with an active subscription will be able to access the full article. All other readers will be directed to the abstract and would need to subscribe.