Chemist as Head of Laboratory
Published: 12 December 2018
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Chemist as Head of Laboratory (f/m)-1811790
Are you a chemist with a focus on medicinal chemistry, animal health or crop science and a synthetic chemistry background?
Do you consider yourself to be a creative, enthusiastic and highly skilled scientist who enjoys working in global teams?
Are you ready to be a contributor to the growing field of Animal Health? Are you looking to identify the next wave of Animal Health products that protect companion and production animals from parasites and help to prevent disease? Are you interested in working on projects to improve the bond between humans and animals? Yes? Cool then we should meet each other.
Chemist as Head of Laboratory (f/m) (1811790)
If science is your passion and medicinal chemistry, animal health or crop science is your expertise, please consider applying for the position in the Department of Medicinal Chemistry at Boehringer Ingelheim in Biberach. This position provides an excellent opportunity for an experienced chemist. Besides managing an internal medicinal chemistry lab and a number of external synthetic chemists, in this role you will have key leadership responsibilities towards building and shaping the global collaboration with Animal Health Discovery Chemistry, Duluth, USA. As a project leader you will address key scientific or strategic project questions with the goal to drive the team toward key decision points and milestones. Projects may span throughout all phases of the portfolio, from hit-finding to the delivery of Proof-of-Concepts in target animals.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- In your new role, you design biologically active compounds, prioritize target compounds, and plan their syntheses
- You analyze complex data sets to generate structure-activity relationships and hypotheses for optimization
- The Animal Health and Crop Science competitive landscape will be closely monitored by you
- You effectively manage a medicinal chemistry laboratory; up to 3 Lab Scientists
- Moreover, you lead an interdisciplinary, global project team with the goal of identifying novel antiparasitics. With project members in USA and China
- Furthermore, you continue to provide innovative contributions which shape the project portfolio or the strategic direction of the Medicinal Chemistry department
- You present and publish research results, both internally and externally, for the purpose of advancing projects and expanding the BI scientific network
- Doctoral degree in preparative organic chemistry, ideally complemented by postdoctoral experience abroad
- Several years of Drug Discovery experience as a chemist in Animal Health, Crop Science or Human Pharma
- Successful contributions towards achievement of project milestones
- Comprehensive and state-of-the-art knowledge in synthetic methodologies and medicinal chemistry
- Solid leadership skills including demonstrated responsibilities in the interaction with other R&D disciplines
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in the English language
- Good development opportunities with in-house education and various training options
- Personal Mentoring in onboarding
- Competitive salary plus bonus payments
- Long-term account
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals.
As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
We look forward to receiving your online application!
For further information please contact Recruiting Services: Mrs. Julia Miller, Tel: +49 (0) 7351/54-94190
All set! This article has been sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All fields are required. For multiple recipients, separate email addresses with a semicolon.
Please Note: Only individuals with an active subscription will be able to access the full article. All other readers will be directed to the abstract and would need to subscribe.