Global Project Leader - Veterinary Biologics (Research and Development)
Published: 5 April 2019
Salary: £ Highly Competitive
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: North London/Hertfordshire
Department: Research & Development
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic leader to join our team and drive the development of swine and poultry biologics. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Global Research and Development.
ECO Animal Health is a global organisation, headquartered in the UK, specialising in veterinary pharmaceuticals and biologics, predominantly for production animals. The company is highly profitable and well established with over 20 years of experience operating in the animal health sector.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, design and execution of full development programmes for veterinary biologicals and will:
- Lead new projects by forming teams with clear objectives, deliverables, timelines and budgets
- Partner with relevant functions to establish ambitious but technically realistic target product profiles
- Provide technical leadership for the design and execution of pre-clinical and clinical studies (e.g., In Vitro and In Vivo Efficacy, Duration of Immunity, Target Animal Safety) in accordance with current scientific and regulatory guidelines, interpretation of study results and study report write-up.
- Select and effectively manage contract research organisations (CROs) and external consultants to support the planning and execution of clinical development activities
- Manage all supporting activities such as clinical supplies, data entry, statistical analyses, quality assurance and external monitors
- Provide investigator training and oversee progress at appropriate times during the study
- Prepare the clinical sections of the regulatory submissions
- Represent the company at meetings with the regulatory authorities and at scientific meetings as appropriate
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of the relevant scientific literature as well as an awareness of emerging infectious diseases of livestock.
Experience and Skills
- A life sciences degree is required, and a post-graduate qualification is highly desirable
- Relevant experience in veterinary vaccine development (minimum 3 years) and in the animal health industry (minimum 5 years)
- Good knowledge of GCP and GLP requirements
- Clear communication in written and spoken English.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a financially successful company, headquartered in North London. We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package that includes private health insurance, performance related bonus and share options. Flexible work arrangements can be discussed with the recruiting manager.
To apply or to speak to the recruitment manager, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 20 8447 6909.
All set! This article has been sent to email@example.com.
All fields are required. For multiple recipients, separate email addresses with a semicolon.
Please Note: Only individuals with an active subscription will be able to access the full article. All other readers will be directed to the abstract and would need to subscribe.