Director Regulatory Affairs EUAfME - Zaventem, Belgium
Published: 20 July 2018
Zoetis is the leading global animal health company, dedicated to supporting its customers and their businesses. Building on more than 60 years of experience in animal health, Zoetis discovers, develops, manufactures and markets veterinary vaccines and medicines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. Zoetis serves veterinarians, livestock producers and people who raise and care for farm and companion animals with sales of its products in more than 100 countries. In 2017, the company generated annual revenue of $5.3 billion.
Zoetis has approximately 9,000 colleagues who support the business in sales, research and development, manufacturing and various global functions. When you join Zoetis, you’ll have the opportunity to learn, develop your skills and enrich your career in many ways – from on-the-job training and working on challenging projects to simply learning from peers and managers. We build our next generation of leaders by investing in the growth of our colleagues.
- To facilitate the approval and maintenance of new and in-line veterinary products in the EUAfME region by taking responsibility for a specified portfolio of products and/or projects.
- To provide strategic regulatory oversight and guidance within the department, across Zoetis and to external stakeholders.
- To manage designated colleagues to facilitate business performance and personal development.
- Provide advice, training and, where necessary, practical help to all members of the department to assist them in fulfilling their duties.
- Act as expert resource in specified areas, advising and/or influencing other members of the department, Zoetis or external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of regulatory and business strategies for specified projects or therapeutic areas, as appropriate, including advising and/or interacting with members of other ZOETIS departments and external stakeholders.
- Act as line manager for designated staff, ensuring their operational, training and development needs are addressed appropriately.
- Participate in the Zaventem VMRA Leadership Team in order to contribute to the strategic direction and financial performance of the department.
- Interact with R&D global programmes.
- Provide support for due diligence for business development opportunities.
- Provide support to other divisions within Zoetis (GMS, Commercial, HR etc.).
- Manage budget and resources.
Qualifications (education, experience, skills):
- Master degree in Veterinary Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, a PhD is an asset.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a regulatory affairs management role.
- Strong oral and written English language skills.
- Good leadership skills.
- Good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills, ensuring the ability to interact with the business and authorities in a professional manner.
- Whilst remaining focused on strategic goals, you have the ability to multi-task and work to demanding timelines.
- An innovative, international working environment with room for ownership and personal development.
- An excellent remuneration package.
To apply for this role:Applications should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All set! This article has been sent to email@example.com.
All fields are required. For multiple recipients, separate email addresses with a semicolon.
Please Note: Only individuals with an active subscription will be able to access the full article. All other readers will be directed to the abstract and would need to subscribe.